I got nominated for a Leibster award by beccaleerobinson! Apparently, it’s a way for newer bloggers to gain a bigger following by answering questions about themselves. It’s given to bloggers with less than 200 followers to help readers learn more and to help get your name (i.e. blog) out there. Unbeknownst to me, the magic number is 11: 11 questions and 11 facts. Here we go! Thanks, beccaleerobinson.
1. What/Who inspired you to start blogging?
This blog started as a means to a grade and it was originally all about college life and how to balance work, life and school. I found myself loving blogging and couldn’t let go after my class ended. As is obvious, it has developed into a broader topic, because I want to talk about what I want to talk about without being restricted to a narrower topic. 🙂
2. If you could use only one makeup product for the rest of your life, what would you use (blush, eyeliner, foundation, etc.)?
Cover up; it’s the only makeup product I use anyhow. 🙂 I am a frequent blusher for no good reason, so I do what I have to do to cover my rosey cheeks.
3. What is your favorite book from childhood?
I am cheating somewhat, because this is a 63-some series: Hank the Cowdog. (I love all of them.)
4. Have you watched any of the Oscar movie winners and/or nominees from this past year and what is your verdict? If not, what Oscar movie and/or nominee movies from this past year do you want to see?
I don’t really pay attention to Oscar winners/nominees. I could probably guess which ones out of the ones I have seen have won, but it would only be a guess. I love movies based on true stories (any genre) and I know they are usually popular in the Oscar realm.
5. What word makes it the most into your personal vocab?
The. I’m just being realistic here. (If you were to ask me what the most annoying word that makes it into my vocabulary is, it would be Umm or Uh.)
6. What are your top five favorite clothing stores to shop at?
My only criteria for clothes shopping are: near me, affordable, uncrowded and wide selection. Favorite place to shop in general: REI.
7. What is your most loved health food and green beauty product?
Health food: mango
Green Beauty Product: I have know clue.
8. The Voice or American Idol?
Neither. Brain Games anyone?
9. Where do you want your next vacation spot to be?
South Africa beginning in Johannesburg and making my way to Cape Town. Cannot wait!
10. When was your first concert?
When I was 16 or 17; Journey, Heart and Cheap Trick.
11. What accent can do you the best besides your own?
A southern accent.
11 Fun facts
1. I don’t like talking over the phone or texting.
2. I have attended four elementary schools, three middle schools, three high schools and two colleges.
3. If it was feasible, I would live off a diet consisting solely of Thia, Chinese and Indian food.
4. I do freelance writing and designing.
5. Since I was 14 years old, I have gone less than 6 months total without working.
6. I only wear one piece of jewelry.
7. My only allergens are hemp, cheap jewelry and morphine.
8. I cannot sleep with the closet door open.
9. I never start writing a paper until the night before it’s due; but, I will never write a paper the day it’s due. This way, I can sleep on it and read it with fresh eyes in the morning.
10. I am deathly afraid of trees underwater. If I even know there is a tree or large branch, I wont go in; this stems from a near-drowning experience I had when I was caught in a flood. I was swept up in a stream and wedged underneath a log.
11. My favorite topic of study is that of other cultures and religions; any and all. I was originally going to school to be a cultural anthropologist, but became turned off of the idea when I realized I would have to get a PhD before being able to do what I wanted. That meant more loans, so I settled for a degree in journalism and technical communications.
I nominate: theimportanceofbeingquirky