I saw this cartoon during some boredom-induced internet surfing and it made me want to share a couple of my personal (completely random), cheap and easy recipes.
First, my favorite: “Prison Spread” (yes, I happened to get this recipe from a felon; but, hey, prison cell, dorm room – same difference, right?).
- A couple bags of roman noodles (any flavor, crushed up)
- 1 bottle squeeze cheese (or 2 if you like it cheesy!)
- 1 roll summer sausage, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 jar sliced jalapenos (drain about half of the juice)
- 1 trash bag (new, not used) 😀
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups boiling water (just enough to soften the noodles)
Combine first four ingredients in trash bag and pour in hot water (close to boiling). Twist bag shut and stuff inside a sweater or blanket until noodles become soft (just a few minutes). Work the bag with your hands a little bit to mix ingredients together. For ease, you can just cut a small tip in the bag and spread onto plate. 🙂 I know it sounds iffy. Just give it a chance; you’ll love it. (Plus, it feeds quite a few people.)
“Simple Cucumber Sandwiches”
- Loaf of french bread (they are only about $2 in the bakery section)
- Equal amounts of cream cheese and mayo
- 1 packet italian seasoning (in the dressing aisle)
- Obviously, cucumbers
Traditionally, cucumber sandwiches call for rye. I hate rye. Anyhow, all you do for this one and mix together equal amounts of cream cheese and mayo (I usually do about a half of a cup or a cup of each, depending on how much spread I want to make) and add italian seasoning until you have the desired taste (start with a good tablespoon; you may end up just using the whole packet). Make sure it is all mixed together really well. Spread onto sliced french bread and top with cucumber slices! Mmmm 😛
There are plenty more where these came from; just check back regularly!